The RIFFE Competitor Speargun Series is a tried and true classic. Using Mahogany hardwood offers a competitively priced entry level speargun. The competitor offers the same quality and performance that Riffe exemplifies. The dense straight grain hardwood allows for a solid stock with no lamination required to maintain straightness and durability.
The Riffe Competitor Speargun is suitable for both entry level spearfishing and advanced divers. This speargun is perfect for divers who plan to hunt around kelp patties, reefs, holes, and along the seafloor. The Competitor offers length options for shooting any fish from short range shots in holes, up to longer shots on drop-offs. With decades of use, this speargun has stood the test of time and keeps on delivering everyday. A great alternative is the Riffe Euro, for a streamline speargun.
Riffe Competitor Speargun Features:
- Comes standard with Hawaiian setup: 9/32" Hawaiian Flopper Shaft, 1 wrap of line, and 2 power bands
- 9/16" (14mm) power bands (may upgrade to 5/8"(16mm) diameter) bands for more hitting power and longer shots - recommended with heavier shafts.
- Rigged with 300 lb. Nylon monofilament shooting line for faster shooting and abrasion resistance (400lb. available for heavier shafts).
- 5" Bungie Shock Chord with 500 lb. test Pigtail Swivel (400lb. Snap Swivel optional)
- Heavy-duty plastic handle
- RIFFE's stainless steel 2-piece trigger mechanism assembly, accepts all diameter shafts: 1/4"(6.5mm), 9/32"(7.1mm), 5/16"(8mm), 11/32"(8.7mm), 3/8"(9.5mm)
- Side mounted, rotating spring loaded safety
- Auto Line Release
- Contoured red urethane butt end assembly for comfortable loading
- Accepts all suitable RIFFE accessories & parts