Backed by two decades of scientific research, Shark Shield technology consists of two electrodes. When they are both submerged, they create a large 3D protective electrical field around the wearer. With the FREEDOM7, these electrodes are located at each end of an antenna that’s attached to a power module worn on the ankle. Sharks have small short-range electrical receptors in their snouts used for feeding. When a shark comes within a few meters of the Shark Shield, the strong electronic pulses emitted by the device cause the shark to experience muscle spasms in these sensitive receptors. This causes them to turn away. This does not harm the shark in any. It merely causes it to experience a high level of discomfort.
- Electrical shark deterrent - and proven to deter Great Whites.
- Does not repel fish, crocodiles, dolphins or whales. Shark Shield CAN ONLY repel sharks and sting-rays.
- Used by the US & Australian Navy and mandated safety equipment in some industries.
- Comfortable, lightweight design with an easy to wear neoprene Velcro pouch.
- Lithium rechargeable battery, over 1000 charge cycles.
- Rated to 50 meters (164 feet)
For more information on why you may want to use a Freedom7 read this article